Frame Limit in a .B3D File ?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Frame Limit in a .B3D File ?

CodeOrc(Posted 2008) [#1]
Like the title says, is there a maximum frame number/count in an animated .b3d file?

So like is a file with anim frames from 0-300 just as compatible as a file with frames from 0-4000? Or does Blitz or DX freak out?

thx :)

Naughty Alien(Posted 2008) [#2]
..i have try out 0-400 with no problems at all..however, I never try 0-4000...I mean...what is it for?? Movie? :)

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#3]
I'm sure a user of this forum and blitz3d, who made the FPS framework networking example, had issues with extreme numbers of frame. Was it 4000+ or 10000+, i can't remember, and i'm sure it was to do with speed, ie an extreme slowdown.

Details are sketchy, as i don't remember exactly, but a limit does exist with regards to speed/memory and it's round about that shaky figure i put up there ;o)

I've personally used 1,500 frames and not noticed anything.

CodeOrc(Posted 2008) [#4]
thx, I think I will stay within the 1500 frame count since you tested it out ok.

:)

Naughty Alien(Posted 2008) [#5]
my suggestion is to cut down your animation in to smaller chunks and use it when its needed...and good practice is to use T pose of your character rigged with bones and no animations as a base on what you going to 'merge' other animations (just animated bones)..on that way you can control practically infinite number of animations and length, rather than blending everything in to one..