Need Code

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Need Code

Christer(Posted 2008) [#1]
Iam havent done so much on the 3D part yet. If you guys could make a code that have this so i can use it for my game. Its very simple.

1. A .3DS world just like a plane or something it dont matter
2. So i can walk around it like first person with colisions to ground and so i can jump with gravity.
3. It need a skybox so its not just black.

I would be very happy if anyone could do this for me. And plz dont give a link to another page with a code i just want it simple.

GfK(Posted 2008) [#2]
You won't learn anything by getting other people to do it for you.

Nate the Great(Posted 2008) [#3]
create a plane
create a camera
create collisions
create a sky box and make it a child of the camera camera

Thats the basics but I think you would be better off doing it yourself. :)

Christer(Posted 2008) [#4]
I have the book and everything home and iam kinda good at 2D I just need the code so i can start.

Christer(Posted 2008) [#5]
I just get problems when i try to load .3ds objects so i wanted to see how you ppl would do the code...

Stevie G(Posted 2008) [#6]

I just get problems when i try to load .3ds objects

What problems?

Christer(Posted 2008) [#7]
I dont get any textures to my model.

Gabriel(Posted 2008) [#8]
Well stop using 3ds files and use something else. It's a very, very, very old file format, and hideously outdated. It restricts all texture names to 8 characters ( plus 3 for the file extension. ) If you really don't have a choice, you'll have to load and apply textures manually or rename all your textures to 8+3 characters.

Christer(Posted 2008) [#9]
any formats thats better then 3ds then? in that case what shall i use?

puki(Posted 2008) [#10]
Well, it's either .3ds or .x for a static mesh for me. I lean towards .3ds as I think it is cuter than .x; however, the texture name thing is a bit squiffy - caused me a lot of problems when porking in Half-Life 2 static meshes.

Christer(Posted 2008) [#11]
Nobody know how to fix so its possibul to get the 3ds model in textures in Blitz3D?

Pirate(Posted 2008) [#12]
use ultimate unwrap 3d to convert the model to .b3d format

Gabriel(Posted 2008) [#13]
Nobody know how to fix so its possibul to get the 3ds model in textures in Blitz3D?

I already told you. Load them manually, rename them, or use the B3D format instead.

Well, it's either .3ds or .x for a static mesh for me. I lean towards .3ds as I think it is cuter than .x

Both 3ds and x are very old and very poor. B3D is better in every respect.

Christer(Posted 2008) [#14]
Thanks Pirate the program works perfect! Many many many thanks.

Pirate(Posted 2008) [#15]
you are welcome christer...