Help with some hard stuff!

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Help with some hard stuff!

Christer(Posted 2008) [#1]
I need help with this:

My player is on x = 0 and y = 0 if i push down the arrow up button my player shall walk against my mouse. How fast should be able to walk agaist it need to be configurable. Anyone help please?

Sledge(Posted 2008) [#2]
I don't really understand what you mean by 'walk against my mouse' but the answer is to express the distance as a (configurable) percentage of a notional norm. So if you wanted to configure something to move at half speed you would say configuredSpeed# = normalSpeed#*modifier# where 'modifier' would have been set to 0.5 by the user or program itself (whichever you have in mind).

big10p(Posted 2008) [#3]
Sorry, but that makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Sledge(Posted 2008) [#4]
Me or him?! :P

Stevie G(Posted 2008) [#5]
This is as clear as mud. Can you give more detail, in particular the 'my player shall walk against my mouse'.

Do you mean you want the player to walk towards the mouse cursor once you press the UP ARROW key?

Stevie

big10p(Posted 2008) [#6]
Him Sledge, you must have posted just before me. :P

Stevie G(Posted 2008) [#7]
LOL - I think we all posted at the same time!!

Christer(Posted 2008) [#8]
Look...

I have a player or something lets say a picture. When i PRESS UP KEY the picture or player or whatever will be moving towards my mouse pointer on the screan. Anyone know how to do this?

Jsoren(Posted 2008) [#9]
Is this what your looking for? It wouldn't work with an image though because you would need to roate the image or use frames, unless you wanted to emulate 2d images with sprites, in which case its just pointentity().

I pulled AngleDif#() out of the code archives a while ago, not sure who posted it though sry. (oh yeah, if some1 could tell me what uitgraad and naar mean so i can put the rest of it into english that would be nice)

Christer(Posted 2008) [#10]
Thank you very much!