3d world studio

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/3d world studio

Ben(t)(Posted 2008) [#1]
I am using 3d world studio to build levels in my game, but im having scaling issues. all my maps are much to big! i know how to use scaleentity but i dont want to. i want the map the right size in the first place. can someone help?

Terry B.(Posted 2008) [#2]
scalemesh?

Ben(t)(Posted 2008) [#3]
i dont want to use any code, I want to figure out the base scale of 1,1,1 in 3d world studio

IPete2(Posted 2008) [#4]
Ben(t),

You should ask in the 3D World Studio forums at Leadwerks, someone there will be able to help I think.

IPete2.

Mortiis(Posted 2008) [#5]
No, you can get help here. Create a reference mesh of a model in your game.
Like the player model or some create. Then put it under 3D World Studio\Models folder
Convert it to smf using ConvertModels.exe. Open 3DWS and put the mesh somewhere.
Use it as a base of your scale. As a reference. And create a map using that
size.

IPete2(Posted 2008) [#6]
Neat idea,

IPete2.

Al Meyer(Posted 2008) [#7]
Yes, very clever. I used this technique in BV, but forget it. Thanks a lot, Mortiis, for the tip.

Ben(t)(Posted 2008) [#8]
that worked really well thanks pete!

Pirate(Posted 2008) [#9]
thanks mortiis,
this has helped me too...i have had this problem for a while, but i have just scaled it with code....pirate

Mortiis(Posted 2008) [#10]
that worked really well thanks pete!

Thanks pete? What worked? Asking it on leadwerks forums? :D

@pirate: Glad it helped.

Ben(t)(Posted 2008) [#11]
sorry I meant you mortiis, i wasnt paying attention when i wrote that post,
your idea worked, but on 3d world studio the grid size wont go as small as the blitz cube. so i resorted to using scaleentity (ugh) I found using .0625 on all three scale factors gets my maps down to blitz size

josk(Posted 2008) [#12]
I think if you Update to the latest version, 5.53 I think, The Grid size is smaller to work better with the leadwerks engine/sandbox.
Go to the Leadweks forum for info, theres a thread on there about it.

IPete2(Posted 2008) [#13]
Mortis,

I would just like to make it quite clear that I was in no way trying to take credit for your excellent idea. I think Ben(t) just mis-read my name under your post.

IPete2.

Mortiis(Posted 2008) [#14]
Don't get offended IPete2 I was just kidding man. I'm not a megolomaniac :)

Although I have no scaling problems in 3D World Studio, Blitz3D units are
much smaller than 3DWS ones. That creates a lightmapping problem. Blitz
scale is just too small for 3DWS to calculate shadows even if you set the
highest lightmapping texture size.

Ben(t)(Posted 2008) [#15]
yeah i found that out when i tried to use lightmapping, but i have found a good scale