trying to reposition but objects get in the way

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/trying to reposition but objects get in the way

Lykaestria(Posted 2008) [#1]
My project has an update routine that is called at regular cycles to make sure entities are synchronised in the exact same place in the world (as movement code alone is not 100% accurately transmitted). Unfortunately the walls, ceilings, and other objects get in the way so the entities can't move through them to get into position, even when I try switching on and off the collision code:

Can anyone help me? :-\

boomboom(Posted 2008) [#2]
if you hide your walls and ceilings, using the HideEntity command, then it will ignore them in collision calculations.

boomboom(Posted 2008) [#3]
or...hide the object you wish to move. move it, then show it again. Save you having to cycle through all your environment objects.

Lykaestria(Posted 2008) [#4]
Hmmmmmm thanks, I'll try that :-)

Lykaestria(Posted 2008) [#5]
It worked! Thanks a bunch :-)

boomboom(Posted 2008) [#6]
And if you want to have an object invisible, but still involve with the collisions, perhaps for an event trigger, or a low poly level geometry to block plays moving off the map, then don't hide it, but set its alpha to 0

That way the rendering engine will ignore it, but the collisions system will still pick it up.