collision between to moving objects

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/collision between to moving objects

WhiteWidow(Posted 2008) [#1]
Hello

I ask if its possable to use sliding collisions between two entitys, what i would like to do is place a sphere inside a circular playing board and have the playing board rotate. then inside the playarea the sphere would be moved using objects attached to the playing board.

IPete2(Posted 2008) [#2]
Sounds like you need one of the B3d compatible physics libraries - have a look in the user libs section of the forum.

IPete2.

WhiteWidow(Posted 2008) [#3]
would this not be possable using blitz3d's own collision system then? can you recommend one of the physics libraries in the libs forum.

IPete2(Posted 2008) [#4]
WhiteWidow,

Well I think with a lot of (and I mean a lot) hard work and serious maths you may be able to do something with B3d collisions, but it really isn't worth it if you want to create something which a physics library does with its eyes shut.

Which library ? Hmmm for your idea, any of them. So think ahead a little and download some of the demos and see which you think would best suit your needs.

The libraries are all very good. JV-ODE (which uses ODE a free open source physics engine) is very good and support is excellent, price is very very reasonable too.

Others I have messed with and like are Newton and Ageia all these are available with wrappers for use purchase and by Blitz forums members, so support shouldn't really be an issue, although it may be as some members do not frequent this site.

Good luck with your project, and keep us informed

IPete2.