Sky Spheres

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Sky Spheres

Nate the Great(Posted 2008) [#1]
Hi. I'm creating a multiplayer game in which there are two space ships. I discovered that I needed to have two sky spheres one for each player. I need to figure out how to make player1's sky sphere invisible to player2 and vise versa. Is there a way to do this in B3D.

Any help is appreciated.

Matty(Posted 2008) [#2]
Multiplayer on the same PC (split screen)? If not you only need 1 sky sphere.

Nate the Great(Posted 2008) [#3]
Never mind I figured out the real problem. The original sky sphere was too small. I guess I only need one sky sphere after all.

Thanks for the help though. :)

Naughty Alien(Posted 2008) [#4]
..if you need only sky or space..then you should use CameraClsColor and then populate your space with nebulas, stars or whatever you want..on that way you dont need to worry what your players going to see or not since it will be all nicely accurate..

Nate the Great(Posted 2008) [#5]
I don't know how to populate the space with nebulas and stars that don't get any closer as you go towards them useing CameraClsColor. Could you explain what you mean?

Naughty Alien(Posted 2008) [#6]
CameraClsColor is something you should use to set basic color of space, then create few sprites, textured with nice nebula textures, same goes for galaxies in distance..stars too, small dots far away from gaming area, etc..use your imagination...thats what I do in my levels..practically setting basic sky color and then populate it with sun, clouds, etc...working just fine..

Nate the Great(Posted 2008) [#7]
The far away sprites work. Thanks :)