How to use a physics engine/library thing...

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/How to use a physics engine/library thing...

IcyDefiance(Posted 2008) [#1]
OK, I'm not new to Blitz, but I am pretty new to the full version, and I have no clue how to use a physics engine. I know what it should do, and I know it can be an amazing asset in programming a game.

I have two questions:
#1. How do I use a physics engine or library or whatever, I don't even know if they're even the same thing.
#2. What's a good physics engine? I would rather not pay anything if I can help it, right now I just program as a hobby and show off to my friends, so I'm not getting anything out of this except fun.

Santiworld(Posted 2008) [#2]
hi...

i trying to make my own physics, but, the best, is buy a physics engine...

now i use ode, and work fine...

IcyDefiance(Posted 2008) [#3]
Thanks a lot latatoy, but I don't speak or read...whatever language that is.

Charrua(Posted 2008) [#4]
hi

see:

http://www.blitzmax.com/Community/posts.php?topic=78483

should help you

Juan

Santiworld(Posted 2008) [#5]
:)

IcyDefiance(Posted 2008) [#6]
Sorry I couldn't get on for the past two days, but thanks Odriozola, I'll check it out.

And, sorry Latatoy, I was talking about the links in your signature. I thought you were suggesting those sites, oops... :$

EDIT: Just checked your link, Odriozola, and I have already seen that topic. That explained to me how to use a physics engine...mostly...but none of those engines were free. If I can't find any free, I'll probably use one of those.