Particle candy setup

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Particle candy setup

Farflame(Posted 2008) [#1]
Could anyone who's used particle candy help me with the setup because I'm constantly getting 'Can't load file......' problems.

I initially installed it into 'C:/program files....' and have tried dragging the folders and files directly into my own folder. I know how to use the include command correctly, so I'm thinking that something else is going wrong.

I'm including the two main files...... like so........

Include "particle candy.bb"
Include "particle types.bb"

And initialising with

InitParticles Camera#,"media/particles.png",3

This seems fine. I have the main files in the same directory as my program and the media folder in that directory too. It doesn't complain at that point, but as soon as I try to set up a particle with.......

ExhaustFlames=CreateEmitter_FlameThrower()

I get the error 'Could not load sound ..\media\flamethrower.mp3', which sounds like it can't find the file, even though that file is in the folder and in the correct place (and it loads into media player and works ok).

What am I doing wrong here?

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#2]
Yeah, i had some of these issues too. I think it was related to me loading or including files in the wrong order. Sorry i can't be more specific, as i even vaguely remember editing some of the code.

It did do my nut in for a while though :)

Farflame(Posted 2008) [#3]
Oh, glad it's not just me, I thought I was being extra-dumb :)

The odd thing is, I've included them in the same order as the demo programs (infact I just took them directly from there) and have set up the directories in the same fashion :s