Texturing

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Texturing

Azaratur(Posted 2008) [#1]
I had a problem with tiled texture.
I created a map and i used a tiled texture for the grass, the grass texture is a photo than is not really created to be a texture, i try with tiled and copy the same texture and ribalting it like in a mirror.
With tiled tex i see the division from each other.
With a mirror texture it's better but when you looking from high you see like a strange painting..
Do you have any suggestion?

Aza

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#2]
Send me the texture and i'll tile it for ya.

Azaratur(Posted 2008) [#3]
I can give to you the texture but i have many more.. I can't bother you every time i need to tile one. Than i think is better i'll try to do by myself.
Thanks.
Aza

Cp(Posted 2008) [#4]
Find a seamless texture generator. It loads the tex, and makes it so it can tile without seeing where it ends.
There are some photoshop plugins too.

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#5]
Yeah, the seamless ones do a decent job, but you can't beat a human doing it :o) sswifts one was particularly good. It balances out light and dark areas too.

In photoshop ( i have an old version) you simply offset the textre by half the width and half the height, in the filters-misc-offset menu i think, then use the heal tool and cone tool to get rid of the edges. Finally, offset it slightly again and tie up any remaining seems you see.

Cp(Posted 2008) [#6]
Yep. I have photoshop too.Thanks for the tip Ross.

Azaratur(Posted 2008) [#7]
Thanks i'll search for this program..

Aza