I need a good graphics for.. A question :)

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/I need a good graphics for.. A question :)

Azaratur(Posted 2008) [#1]
I know this is not the right place for such question but here there are many good guys :)

I ended my male charachter just today, but i need to know just 2 or 3 things.
1) The dorsal (or ganrd dorsal) are like an "X" ?
2) i need to know the proportion of the hands, foots and head.
3) I create the leg, but i can't define the muscles in the front of the thigh, do you have any suggestion?

If you don't understand i can post a screenshoot, but is not easy to me.. I can't bring my usb pen to the office!!

Aza

puki(Posted 2008) [#2]
I thought dolphins had dorsals.

Screenshot.

Let's see it.

Azaratur(Posted 2008) [#3]
Ok tomorrow i'll bring it, but please don't laugh of me i am not really good to create mesh..
A stupid question how i can put the screenshoot here?

Aza

puki(Posted 2008) [#4]
Just paste the link to the image into your post

Is it a bipedal dolphin?

Azaratur(Posted 2008) [#5]
No!
It's Human male charachter, and the muscles on the back is called dorsal!

And if i don't have a site or a place where uploda the sreenshoot?

Aza

puki(Posted 2008) [#6]
Imageshack is the place I use.

Azaratur(Posted 2008) [#7]
Oki thanks, tommorow i'll try.
If i can't do it (for lack of time) can i send the screenshoots to you in your e-mail?

Aza

puki(Posted 2008) [#8]
Are you in Livorno?

Azaratur(Posted 2008) [#9]
No.
But i am very near Livorno, i live and work in Rapallo near Genova.
Why?

Aza

Azaratur(Posted 2008) [#10]

I hope this will work.. If you can see the image you will see that the thight, is not correct and in the back i need a suggestion..

I want know EVERY error i made.

Aza

Azaratur(Posted 2008) [#11]
In the first screenshoot you can see the dorsal (are they too big?) have they this "design"? Or it's wrong?

Second image thigh and knee I try many time to modellate but i can't do it.. Any suggestion? I don't know how that muscles are!

Third image you can see the knee are really bad!

Fourth image I think one of the problem is the neck too small. What do you think about it?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Aza

mtnhome3d(Posted 2008) [#12]
in the last image the chest and tummy are way to far forward. the muscles on the front look like foam incerts and the legs aren't muscular enough they look out of place with the rest of the well defined muscles.

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#13]
The front looks like a piece of armour and the back muscles look far too big in proportion to the rest of his body. Keep at it though, looks like an interestly styled character.

Azaratur(Posted 2008) [#14]

CHARACHTER IMPROVED!

Thanks guys..

I improve the leg, the dorsal (back muscles), the hands, the feet, abdominal, face and arm.. I hope this new version is better than before!
The last 2 image is the confront of high poly and low poly
(on the right 10000 poly, on the left 4200)

Aza

JustLuke(Posted 2008) [#15]
I think the head and neck are placed too far back. The stomach muscles are still over-defined too - they aren't consistent with the smoother, undefined musculature of the rest of the body. More generally, all the proportions are off. Not terribly so, but enough to "feel" odd. If I were you, I'd study some anatomical reference images and scale the various parts of your model accordingly.

It's a good start though!

Azaratur(Posted 2008) [#16]
I don't know how i can definite the musculature without raise up the poly! I'll try but it's not easy.. If you have some advice i will heard you.
Yeah i had many problem with proportion! Luke (can i call you Luke?) do you have just 2 screenshoot of "anatomical reference images" or do you know where i can find it? Now i'll tryy on google.
Thanks guy and please report any other error you will see, i'll try to correct it!

Aza

boomboom(Posted 2008) [#17]
You going the wrong way with this, don't add more polys if your proportions are still very wrong. Look at this model, from AOE3. See how low poly it is. You must get your proportions correct before adding detail:

Azaratur(Posted 2008) [#18]
Thanks man i'll try next time i'll post a wireframe not smooted screenshoot.. Than you'll help me? ;)

Aza

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#19]
Also textures can add detail to your character too.

The chest still looks way to chisled. You need to smooth out the part where his two chest muscles join. It's far too non-organic like.

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/attachment.php?attachmentid=45239

Them too pictures show a chest fairly well built up.

Azaratur(Posted 2008) [#20]
Thanks guys i'll correct the chest, abdominal, neck and head too. What do you think of the back? is it correct?
You'll see other proportion's error?
Do you have any suggestion for leg muscles? I try many time but i can't do it (and i don't know how..), but i MUST do it :)

Aza

Azaratur(Posted 2008) [#21]
I found this..
http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/298217

with a video preview do you think this is good to copy some details?

Aza

Azaratur(Posted 2008) [#22]

CHARACHTER UPDATED!!!!!

Thanks guys..
Continue to answer me

Aza

Azaratur(Posted 2008) [#23]
I updated the arm, the thights, the knees, the chest muscles, the calf, i moved the head and the neck on front, i insert the neck muscles, shoulder muscles. And something other..

The two hand's pics are to show my great difficoult with it.. Do you have any advice?

In the chest muscles i evidencied a part of the chest is that correct?

In the last pic i evidencied the abdominal.. i still have problem with this i try to smoot them without using more poly.. What do you think?

Thanks for reply..

Aza

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#24]
That is alot better. However, the ridge between the two chest muscles is still too deep in my opinion.

Azaratur(Posted 2008) [#25]

Right proportion?
I take it from the Vitruvian man of Da Vinci..
I hope this can work!

Aza

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#26]
Hips need to be wider i think. Why not overlay a human male over it and be your own judge.

Mortiis(Posted 2008) [#27]
hands are too thin and feet are very small. I advice you to use reference photos.

Azaratur(Posted 2008) [#28]
Because i am not a good judge.. :)
And i searching for some one can explain me how to improve the hands. Thats is my biggest problem.
I'll continue to work on it thanks for all your help.

Aza