It will work?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/It will work?

Azaratur(Posted 2008) [#1]
for i=0 to 1000
map[i]=loadmesh (".\meshes\map"+i".b3d")
next
I need to load 1000 different map named map0, map1, map2 etc.
I cannot try it now i still working, and i'll write my own code in a word file..
it will work?

Aza

KillerX(Posted 2008) [#2]
Change map[i] to map(i), and change (".\meshes\map"+i".b3d") to (".\meshes\map"+i+".b3d")
Also make sure you declare your arrays
dim map(1000)

Charrua(Posted 2008) [#3]
should work, I supose you have some typing errors:
".\meshes\map"+i".b3d"
I try: "..\meshes\map" + i + ".b3d"
thinking in access to a directory meshes\map one level up from the application.

Azaratur(Posted 2008) [#4]
No meshes is in the same directory. I don't know i'll use the point (i can write like this "\meshes\map) but i like in this way and it surely work (all my program is writed like this)
In the dos system cd. is like this directory.
Thanks for the + i forgot it :)

For killerx i think to use blitz array for this do you think is better normal array?

Aza

Charrua(Posted 2008) [#5]
Its ok

Normally I donīt use any slash to use a directory child of mine but remembering the old days, one period is me and two is for the parent. I forgot that and supose you miss one. My fault.

I didnīt fill an array of id's but I used a number inbetween as you intend to do and work.

Azaratur(Posted 2008) [#6]
I didnīt fill an array of id's but I used a number inbetween as you intend to do and work.

Sorry i don't understand.. Can you explain it with different word? My english is not perfect (italian!)

Aza

Charrua(Posted 2008) [#7]
well

venvenutto, io sono uruguayo!

Any way trying to speak english (write)

In few words your idea will work.

Joseph appears to post at the same time I was writting, both says the same, joseph is clearer than me I guess.

try:

map(i) = loadmesh (".\meshes\map" + i + ".b3d")

Moraldi(Posted 2008) [#8]
io sono uruguayo!

Hey, wait a minute! I can understand Italian!! you are from Uruguay :)

Azaratur(Posted 2008) [#9]
Then translate this:
Azaratur e' l'uomo piu' intelligente del mondo!
:)

Aza

Charrua(Posted 2008) [#10]
Sorry, I didn`t want to wrote words other's donīt understand. I'm from Uruguay, a little country in south america between the two ho probably any one out there know's : Brazil and Argentina.

(Moraldi sounds to me very Italian)

and aza say that`s he`s the most intelligent man in the world
I guess no one here is that, we are asking and trying to learn
isn't it?

Azaratur(Posted 2008) [#11]
This question was for moraldi!!
:)

Mmmm
I think Moraldi is from Greece (I read in his account) :)

Aza

Moraldi(Posted 2008) [#12]
Io sono Greco...
ok, you say something about intelligence (perhaps Azaratur is the most intelligence man of the world...???)
Sorry it looks Greek to me... (lol) :)

Edit: About 'Moraldi': I was inspired from the excellent game 'Where is in the world Carmen San Diego' (sorry if the title is not exactly correct). I was playing this game many, many years ago. It is true that 'Moraldi' sounds like an Italian name. I like it, besides I am lover of 1950-1960 Italian music...

Charrua(Posted 2008) [#13]
Ok, that's the thing with nicnames that didn't represent ourselves. An italian looking as a Greek and a Greek loking as an Italian. My nicname's are actually my lastname, the day I filled the registration I read wrong (or not read at all!) and introduce first name, then last name.
By the way I used to play "Donde está Carmen San Diego" (in spanish) with my child's 10 year's ago or so.
And that's one of the first's and one of the last game's I paly. Sound extrange for a man ho's in a game software developer's forum. But the loop's of the life found me in this arena for now.

Best regards

Juan

Azaratur(Posted 2008) [#14]
There is a lot of difference from intelligence and knowledge (english in this case), but i am truly sure that is from greece for a person and greek is the languages..
By the way, maybe i wrong and i love my ignorance! :)
Azaratur it was the name of my dragon slayer in d&d!

Aza