Sprite Candy Cursor

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Sprite Candy Cursor

YellBellzDotCom(Posted 2008) [#1]
Howdy

I have a working cursor initialized in sprite candy that works great. The problem is, I have a seperate camera and seperate HUD for my Top Down Radar and the cursor will not get drawn on top of that.

Anyone know how to get the main camera hud to render on top of the radar camera hud? Ive tried every Zorder command, but nothing is working.

Thanks.

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#2]
The problem is, i think, that the main camera when it renders, it will overwrite mostly everything.

What to do, is have three renders. Set your camerarange in the first render of the MAIN camera to something like 2,far range.

This will render everything in the backround.

Don't clear the back buffer, and render the other camera, normal camera range, to get your radar camera hud.

THEN, again don't clear the backbuffer, and set the main camera range, only to render your HUD. You should only need a very small distance to do this.

YellBellzDotCom(Posted 2008) [#3]
Im not totally undestanding this.

Your saying do something like...

"Set your camerarange in the first render of the MAIN camera to something like 2,far range. This will render everything in the backround."
HideEntity RadarCam
CameraRange MainCam,2,1000
Renderworld()

"Don't clear the back buffer, and render the other camera, normal camera range, to get your radar camera hud."
HideEntity MainCam
Showentity RadarCam
Renderworld()

"THEN, again don't clear the backbuffer, and set the main camera range, only to render your HUD. You should only need a very small distance to do this."
HideEntity RadarCam
ShowEntity MainCam
CameraRange MainCam,2,3
Renderworld()

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#4]
Yeah, that's pretty much what i mean :o)

YellBellzDotCom(Posted 2008) [#5]
I appreciate the help there Ross C, I dont know what I was doing wrong but I couldnt get that to render properly, plus 3 renders kind of scares my FPS, hehehehe.

I approached this 3 different ways...
Create a second cursor for the Radar Camera Hud. Managing the transistion between the 2 cursors didnt give me the effects that I liked.

Tried recreating the Radar HUD using Sprite Candy images. Didnt like the clip moving effect and managing coordinates between the Image and 3d landscape.

I then used Sprite Candy images and loadmemoryresource to render the Radar Camera to a Texture. It works great and I only lost maybe 2-4 fps.

I appreciate the help there. Thank you very much