B3d Update Problem

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/B3d Update Problem

pc_tek(Posted 2008) [#1]
I have tried (unsuccesfully) to update my B3d installation. From 1.64 to 1.++ (the plusses are all updates to 1.99)

The installl works as far as I can tell, but running any blitz program after the updates causes B3d to stall with a debugger screen window - uiltimately I have to stop the application using the task manager.

V1.64 works...but some functions I need are unavailable to me in this early version.

Can anybody help?

Floyd(Posted 2008) [#2]
Some things to try:

1. Reboot. That never hurts.

2. Try again, i.e. uninstall Blitz3D, reinstall 1.64 and then update.

3. A bad userlib can cause mysterious problems. You may not have any userlibs with a fresh install, but you might try disabling them anyway. They are in a folder called \userlibs. Rename this to something else, such as \userlibs.bak. You can always change the name back later.

To save time, you need only run the latest update. You don't need all of them. The older ones are still available in case a newer version causes trouble. You can then "downdate" by running one of the older updates.

pc_tek(Posted 2008) [#3]
1: did that
2: did that
3: did that

I did...I tried each update with the same result.

My other pc is fine with any update.

Floyd(Posted 2008) [#4]
I'm about out of ideas then.

Although it's a different problem I once had Blitz3D stop working after running some programs from a magazine cover disk. Any attempt to run a program from the IDE produced a memory access violation. Nothing I tried would fix this. I finally gave up and used System Restore to go back to a point before the trouble. Maybe something had changed a system DLL that the IDE needed.

You could try something similar. Use System Restore to go back to when everything worked. Then copy the entire Blitz3D folder from the PC on which it is working.

pc_tek(Posted 2008) [#5]
I completely wiped the computer, installed windows updates...then blitz2d along with 1.80 update. Guess what! The same thing happens with 2d.

BAH!

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#6]
Sounds like a dodgy driver to me... I downloaded a newer display driver that caused none of my blitz stuff to work. You could try updating your display drivers?

pc_tek(Posted 2008) [#7]
Nope...I updated and downgraded. Nothing works. I am resuming work using my main PC.

Oh well, thanks for your input guys.

Dreamora(Posted 2008) [#8]
What is your system specs?

And you are using only WQHL certified drivers, right? modded drivers, especially ATI, just don't work with DX7 ...

Oh and check your antivirus guards ... there are a few ones that are quite agressive and freeze (near freeze) the IDE and debugger as the debugger "hijacks" the application.