Findchild getchild

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Findchild getchild

Azaratur(Posted 2008) [#1]
I use the pipeline for exporting from 3dsmax, i read that to animate a skin model i can't use animate command, but i must use findchild function...
What they mean? How can i animate a skin with findchild?
Aza

Ross C(Posted 2008) [#2]
Maybe, i'm not sure here though, if you export a whole scene, you will need to find the entity that animates.

For example, if you have a world consisting of a house, fences, a lake and some mountains and your character that animates, they will be all saved out and parented to a node or pivot in blitz. So you will have to use find child to get all the children of the main node, those being the house, fence, the lake, the mountains and your character. Just give your character a name in max and search for that name when your using the find child, or get child functions.

I may be way off and you might only be exporting a character, but if it's a whole scene then i'd imagine that's the way it would be done. Sorry i can't be 100% sure on that.

caff_(Posted 2008) [#3]
When you use Pudding's 3dsMax exporter and LoadAnimMesh, you need to use FindChild to find the sub-mesh of the scene root.

For example, you have a player mesh in 3dsmax called "PlayerMesh".

scene = LoadAnimMesh("Player.b3d")
playermesh = FindChild ( scene, "PlayerMesh" )

Then you use Animate commands on playermesh.