TFORM!!??

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/TFORM!!??

Jerome Squalor(Posted 2007) [#1]
What the heck is it!??!?!? Someone please help me. I keep posting questions on what it is, but no one seems to give me a straight answer. can someone please tell me what the tform commands do in Blitz3D and what i can use them for, PLEASE??!!

P.S. i don't mean to sound angry, but i just don't get this stuff and there are no samples in the Command ref.

Thnx in advance

cash(Posted 2007) [#2]
well here is a way I use it. Hopefully it helps.

The code is used to do a linepick directly from the man in a Z direction of 250 units, whichever way the man turns.
So if the linepick selects a wall as he runs towards it, something happens. However it does not select the wall unless he is facing it. Imagine a spear stuck in his chest
which protrudes out the front only. It follows hime whichever way he turns.

Does that make sense ?

TFormVector 0,0,250,man,0
pick3=LinePick(EntityX(man,True),EntityY(man,True),EntityZ(man,True),TFormedX(),TFormedY(),TFormedZ())
If pick3=wall then do something

you could also use it in the Y direction to pick the floor

TFormVector 0,-10,0,man,0

I am not an expert but it may help.

you could also use the first example to select targets for gunshots.

Jerome Squalor(Posted 2007) [#3]
ok i'm gonna sound like an idiot, but, really quickly, what is linepick? :P

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2007) [#4]
Linepick performs something like a virtual laserbeam. An entity surface location that will be hit by the beam (if any) can be determined by pickedX(), pickedY() and PIckedZ(), furthermore there are PickedENtity etc. (Altough: a=LinePick(parameters..) will return the entity handle of the picked entity in "a" already).

Tformpoint is often used to convert the location of a local thing (eg. a vertex position is relative to the mesh position and rotation etc.) to global world coordinates. Tform commands are usually understood as soon as you need them :)

I suggest to use the online manual. If you eg. enter the search string "pick" then it will list all commands that have something to do with linepicks: CameraPick, PickedX, PIckedYaw and so on. Browsing a command-family this way makes things easier IMHO.

Jerome Squalor(Posted 2007) [#5]
thnx, that helps