Grid help, again...

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Grid help, again...

YellBellzDotCom(Posted 2007) [#1]
I have a loaded mesh that is 26,1,26
I have created a checkered image 28x28, the checkered pattern is 3 pixels x 3 pixels
I am wanted to overlay the mesh with this image to create a grid.

I cant use textures because they are in powers of 8 and the texture needs to follow my 3x3 pixel constraint.

I am at a total loss here after 3 days of trial and error. Is there any wizards around that can wave some magic here?

Thanks for any help.

jhocking(Posted 2007) [#2]
Is there a reason you don't just make the squares 4x4?

Also, how is the image 28x28 if the squares are 3x3? I'm just generally confused here, you're going to need to explain better and maybe post some images for what you are trying to do.

YellBellzDotCom(Posted 2007) [#3]
"Is there a reason you don't just make the squares 4x4?"

The best one I can think of is because I get easily confused. Hehehehe, actually I was thinking of Units. If you have a 3 Vertice block x 3 Vertice block then you will have 1 vertice in the middle of that block. Ideal for placing objects in the middle of that grid square.

Heres a pic of the image I load in blitz as a texture that is 28x28 pixels, you can see the reason in the image...

here is a screen of my excel file that I use to help me visualize my grid...

Ive been trying to create a visual aid to help me make sure that my grid is correctly dimensioned. I have been trying to use a texture to do this, but I cant figure it out.

After posting, I used materials in max and colored each polygon in a checkered pattern and it imported into blitz without any problems.

I guess, worst case you can load a texture, apply it, then use scaleentity to try to get it to fit?

Thanks for the help