Skin bones

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Skin bones

Azaratur(Posted 2007) [#1]
I have some problem with skin bones.. I create the animation with 3dsmax 9 and i exported all in b3d.
When i animate it only the bones do the animation!
Do you know what i must do to fix it?

Ross C(Posted 2007) [#2]
I think you have to use this command first? I may be wrong, but i remember having to do this with a model once:

http://www.blitzbasic.com/b3ddocs/command.php?name=LoadAnimSeq&ref=3d_a-z

Sorry i can't be of more help, but it may just be an issue with the way you exported the mesh.

Mortiis(Posted 2007) [#3]
He couldn't animate the bones too if he didn't use that same
command.

I think your problem has something to do with 3dsmax 9 and pipeline. It is known that pipeline is not accurate enough
when working with 3ds9. Are you using biped for the animation?

I suggest using blender instead. It is free and there is a
lovely b3d exporter here ->> http://gandaldf.altervista.org/b3dexporter.htm

stayne(Posted 2007) [#4]
Thanks for the link Mortiis! I've been searching high and low for a Blender .b3d exporter. Is it stable enough?

Azaratur(Posted 2007) [#5]
Yes i use biped but i use 3dmax9 to make the mesh and export all in 3dsmax7, use skin bones from there fianlly use the pipeline..
The animation go well, but i don't know if i miss something in 3dsmax.. Probably there is a command to complete the skin bones but i don't know how!
I'll try blender too

Mortiis(Posted 2007) [#6]
Thanks for the link Mortiis! I've been searching high and low for a Blender .b3d exporter. Is it stable enough?

It is rock solid.

@Azaratur: Well, I really don't have much knoweldge about 3D Studio Max. Sorry.

stayne(Posted 2007) [#7]
Az can you post a screenshot of your pipeline export window?

Azaratur(Posted 2007) [#8]
Yes of course i can't do it today, (i still at work) maybe tomorrow..
What do you want know?
Aza

YellBellzDotCom(Posted 2007) [#9]
When I make models in Max, I create the Mesh, create a biped, then create a physique modifier and add it to the mesh stack. Once you have the Physique on the stack you have to attach the Biped to the Physique modifier. Once you have all that, you have to assign the vertices, you either use the envelopes of the physique modifier or assign them directly.

Alot of people use a skin modifier, add the bones to the list and tweak the envelopes.

Make sure your model animates in max properly before you try exporting it.

I personally use Ultimate Unwrap 3d. I export from max to uu3d. Then I use Ultimate Unwrap 3d to clean up the heirarchy, animation and such, then export to b3d from there.

Its a lot of stuff to do, I would suggest using a few tutorials first to help in understanding.