drum hero?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/drum hero?

Ginger Tea(Posted 2007) [#1]
ok for an early birthday/chrimbo pressie i got myself an ION iED05 usb digital drum kit (from maplins but also sold from firebox where i first saw it)
software is stupid as it dont save .wav even though the online blurb said it did ... you click the record button and it will record a data file but will only do so if listening to the play along CD.

found a link bout rigging it as a midi device and it meantioned it being mapped as a joystick ... so i ran the joystick demo and whacked a pad ... it gave 5 diferent results so i hit it softer.

but the foot pedals dont work.

now ive been out of coding not that i got far in the shallow end ... hell a deep puddle more like ;)

but it got me thinking ... drum samples (in wav not their format) and a bit of effort i might get some kind of "home recording software" out of it ... unless i find my cubase or someone writes something better sooner.

but why no pedals ???
having said that if i plugged them into another socket it wont register the hit, so are they like the triggers on the 360 pad?.

chwaga(Posted 2007) [#2]
b3d beginners area???

Ginger Tea(Posted 2007) [#3]
well ive not coded in 2+ years so that counts (did i ever code? all .bb's on my old storaged pc)

and i am toying with a blitz work around for my problem

hell it might be educational for me

Rabies(Posted 2007) [#4]
Hi
I'm not sure about this, however you could try using audacity.

boomboom(Posted 2007) [#5]
Yea, just download audacity for free, change the recording line to the sterio mix and hit record. It will record anythign that comes out of your speakers then.