Anim B3D and Shadow

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Anim B3D and Shadow

EmerGki(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hi Guys, Someone have any GOOD code to do Shadows for .b3d anim meshs?

t3K|Mac(Posted 2007) [#2]
use sswifts shadow system. this is the only system that works with animated b3d files.

http://www.shareit.com/product.html?cart=1&productid=208046&languageid=1&currencies=USD

EmerGki(Posted 2007) [#3]
Thanks t3K|Mac, but, some peoples told to me what the sswifts shadows system don't have a good performance, and, the most important thing, the official sswifts website not work now...

I need one simple shadow code, only to use for my characters in my game, this can be a dynamic shadow, don't need to be stencyl or something like that, can be a simple code, really.

Sledge(Posted 2007) [#4]
use sswifts shadow system. this is the only system that works with animated b3d files

People should probably stop claiming that, seeing as it isn't true.

t3K|Mac(Posted 2007) [#5]
kalismes page is outdated like hell. his filelodge links are broken. so yeah, i say again the only working system is sswifts.

Sledge(Posted 2007) [#6]
Then you'd be wrong. If you'd said that SSwift's is the only supported system that works with .b3d's, on the other hand, then I'd agree.

IPete2(Posted 2007) [#7]
...and what support it is - EmerGki - listen up - I have done a few major commercial projects using Swifty's shadow system amongst others from these forums - and I can honestly tell you from great experience that the people I would say who are equal in terms of support for software they have written and sold are as follows in no particular order:

Shawn Swift (shadows amongs other items)
Grey Alien (Jake - BMax framework)
Mike Dogan (Sprite and Paricle Candy)
JV - ODE Viper (ODE physics)

These guys get the Oscars for service and support as far as I think.

IPete2.

t3K|Mac(Posted 2007) [#8]
Ok Sledge, i now say "SSwift's is the only supported system that works with .b3d's". Happy now? ;)

Sledge(Posted 2007) [#9]
I'm never happy. :D

EDIT: I mean >:(