.b3d export-Please Help!

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/.b3d export-Please Help!

BugZilla(Posted 2007) [#1]
I have been trying to export animated models from either Lightwave or Blender into the .B3D format but with no success. I can always get the static model converted, but the animation never comes with it. I have downloaded every converter I can find and nothing works. I see people working with animated models in Blitz 3D. Are these original animated models or something purchased?

Matty(Posted 2007) [#2]
Yes it is possible to export animated models into blitz3d. I've never used blender so can't help there but am sure I've seen threads about an existing exporter for blender in the 'content creation' forum section.

Mortiis(Posted 2007) [#3]
Do you skin your models properly and do you load meshes with
LoadAnimMesh() command?

BugZilla(Posted 2007) [#4]
I am using loadAnimMesh to load animated models. The examples that come with the Blender exporter I found on this site work, but nothing original I make in Blender works.

Hujiklo(Posted 2007) [#5]
I think perhaps you have to use getchild(). Maybe you're just trying to extract anim data from the root-node of the file.

Here's a quick example to locate your anim data:

testanim=extractanimseq(getchild(your_anim-mesh,1),0,1000)

Change the "1" in the "(getchild(your_anim-mesh,1)" to 2 and so on until you find your data...and the "0,1000" to the start and end frames of your anim.

If this doesn't work - let us know. You'll need to recurse more deeply into the B3D hierarchy until you find what you want.

ardee(Posted 2007) [#6]
If the examples that come with Blender's .b3d exporter work then you aren't setting up your models correctly from within Blender. Compare the "Outliner" window with an example file to your file. The structure should be the same (Mesh armature action etc)

Does the animation play correctly from within Blender?

The exporter does work perfectly.

IPete2(Posted 2007) [#7]
Bugzilla,

The problem may be the code you are using to locate the root bone in the mesh inside B3d. You have to locate the root bone and animate that. There are numerous examples of this on the forum and possibly in the archives.

Essentially - when I export stuff from 3DS Max I have to loadanimmesh and then use the findchild command to get the entity to use the animate command on.

May not be that but maybe something to do with it?

IPete2.