multiple cameras

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/multiple cameras

chwaga(Posted 2007) [#1]
How can I have multiple cameras in a scene: one main camera, and other cameras that render, but the render is stored into a texturebuffer, etc.? I tried viewports but it kinda got messed up, can anyone post some example code??

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2007) [#2]
Use CameraProjMode to activate only one of a number of cameras. If you got more than one activated, then they will be rendered all, in the worst case upon oneanother. Rendering multiple cameras may be usueful when you have multiple viewports onscreen. You'd have to use CameraViewport to align the viewports side by side or something.

Hint: in the online manual you can enter eg. "cam" and it will return all Commands containing the term "cam", basicly all camera commands.

chwaga(Posted 2007) [#3]
could this be done for rendering from a camera into a texture?? (trying to make true reflections in b3d)

Sledge(Posted 2007) [#4]
For reflections you'll need Tom's dll too as, without a clip-plane, you can't keep obscuring geometry out of the reflection render.

chwaga(Posted 2007) [#5]
where is tom's dll, I've heard a billion references to it and it sounds awesome but I can't find it anywhere!

Ross C(Posted 2007) [#6]
Depends really. Texture based rendering reflection work swell, as long as the object isn't going through the mirror.