psionic zombie file

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/psionic zombie file

CodeOrc(Posted 2007) [#1]
I am using the zombie generously offered by Psionic as a place holder and the zombie works great, anims work great, but when I "pointentity" he comes at me with his back turned to me...as in he walks backwards.

I rotate him on load, but it does no good, as soon as he spots me he walks backward with his back to me.

Any ideas how I can make him walk the correct orientation- i.e flip around?

thx

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2007) [#2]
rotatemesh.

CodeOrc(Posted 2007) [#3]
@ Yavin- well it now faces me using RotateMesh, but the mesh is all messed up.

And the legs doubled, but still animate. Just has scattered Verts.

aakkk

chwaga(Posted 2007) [#4]
it probably has to do with the model's local 0,0,0 position. In modelers, there's a grid with a point 0 in it, depending on the models rotation within the modeler, pointing it to an entity can mess it up. I too had this problem in my game, and found that the solution is to go into a modeler with the model in it, and rotate it 180 degrees so it faces the other way.

CodeOrc(Posted 2007) [#5]
@ chwaga- thx, but I have no way to load the models in a modeller.... :(

I use Max6, but I do not have a .x importer, and to my knowledge Max has no .b3d importer.

Terry B.(Posted 2007) [#6]
If its just temporary placeholder, Reverse the pointentity
Ex:
Pointentity Zombie,PointAt
Turnentity Zombie,-180,-180,-180

Thats off the top of my head, may have to tweak it a bit.

chwaga(Posted 2007) [#7]
yeah, pointing then turning would work also.

Sledge(Posted 2007) [#8]
To use the Psionic zombie in a regular fashion you can attach it to a pivot then use the pivot for positioning and collision while retaining the model for picking etc.

This should get you going:

CodeOrc(Posted 2007) [#9]
Ok, thx guys.

It dawned on me to just download the Milkshape Trial, rotate all aspects of the model, the re-export it to b3d.

And walla, it works great.

big10p(Posted 2007) [#10]
I know others have used this model and haven't reported a problem with it (to my knowledge). Got a link where I can download it?

CodeOrc(Posted 2007) [#11]
Link to Psionics stuff is;
http://www.psionic3d.co.uk/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=2

big10p(Posted 2007) [#12]
Ah. From the readme:
NOTE: He also needs to be rotated 180 degrees because He's currently facing the camera on IMPORT (unless thats what you want)

Ben(t)(Posted 2007) [#13]
for milkshape if you want your mesh to face the right way then you must have it facing away from the camera labeled front

stayne(Posted 2007) [#14]
The reason the mesh whacked out like that is because Blitz3D only rotated the mesh, not the rig. I remember that problem. Good job sorting it out :).