Trails...

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Trails...

Yahfree(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hey i'm trying to make a trail effect in 2d... can anyone give me an example? i create a rectangle image and then place a small oval image behind it, trying to figure out how to get it to avoid the Clear screen, its a clean stiff image, no trail effect at the moment...

chwaga(Posted 2007) [#2]
what do you mean by "Trail"?

Moraldi(Posted 2007) [#3]
1. Place every trail where you like
2. Make them to follow your image
3. Remove them after a short delay

The easiest way to add a "follow effect" or a "remove effect" can be achieved with Sprite Candy library in 2D or by using Mesh Factory library in 3D (3D trails)

For better results use random positions and/or removing times

Yahfree(Posted 2007) [#4]
hmm, can you give me some basic code example? let me try to ASCII draw you a picture:

T-R-A-I-L--<[OBJ]

trying to think of sort of a emition system, were the trail image 'spawns' at the tail of the emitor, and removes itself after a short amount of time. producing a trail effect, but i cant figure out how to make these spawned images not be cleared by the Cls command everyloop, if i tried somthing like the above it would just have 1 image at the emition point continusly due to the others being cleared..

hopefuly that makes sense?

b32(Posted 2007) [#5]
You could use a Type, and give it a 'self-destruction countdown' Field. The [OBJ] could create these trail Type particles along the way, say, each 100 millisecs. For each new particle, the time is set to 500.
The particles count down their self-destruct time, and when it is zero, they Delete themself.

Ked(Posted 2007) [#6]
You mean like a matrix-style bullet trail?

TomToad(Posted 2007) [#7]
Here is an example of a mouse trail.

Yahfree(Posted 2007) [#8]
ahh i see, thanks!