Finalizing A Project

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Finalizing A Project

GrayKnight2k(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hello everyone,

I am no stranger to Blitz3D, but I am to the forums, so I figured I should start here. I'm completing a project and have two main questions:

1. What's the best way to protect my program files? I want to hide / encrypt my graphics, sound, etc. so users cannot simply open them by going into the graphics and sound folders.

2. Does anybody know the best route for copyrighting the work?*

Thanks,

-Gk2k

* I should add that I am in the USA, and I apologize in advance if this topic is addressed elsewhere.

IPete2(Posted 2007) [#2]
GrayKnight2K,

Molebox seems to be the most recommended way of doing the protection thing simply. There is a link in toolbox.

All you do is tell Molebox (using a fileselector I think) where your project is and Molebox creates a single executable with all you media wrapped inside it - not sure about the encryption methods available. In testing I found that one of the dlls I was testing with Molebox had to he kept outside the Molebox executable for the exectuable to function correctly.

Copyright is really a matter of statement, You can Copyright anything written or drawn I believe. Anyway, there are a few threads on the forum which have gone into depth about this, search the forums for copyright and probably better still visit www.gamasutra.com and check out legalitles there.

I hope that helps.

IPete2.

Mortiis(Posted 2007) [#3]
Hello GrayKnight2k,

For #1 I can recommend Terabit Pakmaker as it's really easy to use and offers nice 32bit encryption with pak files or packing to exe.

GrayKnight2k(Posted 2007) [#4]
Thanks very much. I will look into these programs and link.