blitz to send e-mail?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/blitz to send e-mail?

chwaga(Posted 2007) [#1]
I'm working on my testing stage of my game, and there'll be a lot of bugs to be reported. So, rather than having them go through the trouble of opening their e-mail, could I have blitz send an e-mail to me (which is quicker so they'll be more likely and willing to do it)? any help is appreciated :D

big10p(Posted 2007) [#2]
Look for blitzmail in the code arcs.

chwaga(Posted 2007) [#3]
how could i use that to send a mail? It's not very explanatory.

big10p(Posted 2007) [#4]
Are we talking about the same code? I'm talking about this.

It's documented well enough to use, without having to know how it works - just fill in the info it says. I've never actually used it before but just tried it by sending myself an email and it worked fine.

SLotman(Posted 2007) [#5]
Well, that is probably useless nowadays, since you have to login on the smtp server to send emails (if not, your email server is *very* unsecure and a gateway for spammers).

But I bet that somewhere on planet-source-code there's some VB code that does login on SMTP, so it's just a matter of adapting that code on the archives to login before actually sending the message.

if my memory is ok, I think you just have to send a string: "USER: " + username, wait the response and then "PASS: " + password, and check if it went ok. Then, you send the rest of the email.

chwaga(Posted 2007) [#6]
could i send the emails to myself to save people the time of enterring their own email address? If so, how? (sample code using blitzmail would be largely appreciated)

chwaga(Posted 2007) [#7]
i tried sending a mail to myself, it didn't work