physics

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/physics

Gord(Posted 2007) [#1]
is there any physics software that can be used with Blitz 3d?

Yeshu777(Posted 2007) [#2]
Check the Blitz 3D Userlibs section.

There are Tokamak & JV-ODE libs there.

Quantum(Posted 2007) [#3]
Itmbin seems to be working on a system that looks like it'll be REALLY easy to implement...

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=67229

It looks like it's in its very early stages yet though... but it could be worth the wait :)

IPete2(Posted 2007) [#4]
Gord,

Check out the libraries in the userlibs section of this part of the forum, you will find userlibs and dlls for:

Tokamak
ODE
Newton
Aegis

Clever people here on the forums have written 'wrappers' which allow us simple ways to access the dlls which form the physics libraries. By purchasing a wrapper you can gain access to whatever functionality is dealt with in the wrapper, so be sure to check out a functionality list before you purchase.

They are all pretty good, Tokamak is no longer developed afaik, ODE is an older one (so has been wrapped by a few people, Viper's is the one I recommend), Newton and Aegis are necomers this year, but a fantastic in their capabilites. Some physics sdk's (the original dlls themselves, not the wrappers) require registration but I do not think any require payment, on the other hand the dlls are mainly available for a modest fee. (£10-£30 top).

The Aegis (Physx) wrapper now has hardware support so if you are looking for something powerful and running on bespoke PCs with additional hardware) you may wish to look at that one in particular.

I think that covers it.

IPete2.

Mortiis(Posted 2007) [#5]
You can start with using DevilsChild's "Devil Physic Engine".