3D Axis

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/3D Axis

jeffmorris(Posted 2007) [#1]
In 3D CAD and 3D modeling programs, the X axis runs from left to right, the Y axis runs from bottom to top, and the Z axis runs from front to back. When I create games using Blitz BASIC 3D, how are the X, Y, and Z axises set up?

Fey(Posted 2007) [#2]
This is just copied from RotateEntity(), not entirely sure if it's what you were after. X, Y, and Z's are often referential to the object in question, so moving along Z would always be forward/backward for any given thing (a camera, for example). There are commands to work with the the absolute orientation of the world though.
-
Rotates an entity so that it is at an absolute orientation.

Pitch is the same as the x angle of an entity, and is equivalent to tilting forward/backwards.

Yaw is the same as the y angle of an entity, and is equivalent to turning left/right.

Roll is the same as the z angle of an entity, and is equivalent to tilting left/right.

Matty(Posted 2007) [#3]
X axis runs from left to right,
Y axis runs from bottom to top
Z axis runs from behind the camera to in front of the camera

in blitz3d

chwaga(Posted 2007) [#4]
yeah, XYZ is set up as "X, universal left-right ; Y, universal top-bottem ; Z, positive from cam, negative behind cam". Also, in case you're wondering, the 3d model is in reference to its point on the grid, in my experience, within the 3d editor, the point 0,0,0 is the center of the collision radius/box (what happened to my character). So i suggest keeping the center of your mesh at the center of the 3d editor's grid. :D