3dws export with Animated objects inside ?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/3dws export with Animated objects inside ?

Nenad(Posted 2007) [#1]
I am creating level via 3d World Studio. Let say that i whant animated door which will open on detect collision with player. Since, i guess, I cannot include animated object in 3dws file, is it possible to create a door mesh into 3dws, and then, via Advanced loading 3dws system, to detect collision with the door and trigger the animation ? (TurnEntity or whatsoever?).
Any suggestions or example ?
I would like to avoid placing too many animated objects programatically, gluing them on the level created with 3dws.

Thanks!

Naughty Alien(Posted 2007) [#2]
MyLevel=loadanimmesh("Level.b3d")
simply do Door=FindChild(MyLevel,"DoorName you set up in your modelling program")

and do with your Door whatever you like, including turning.. :)

Nenad(Posted 2007) [#3]
Aye, someone answered something like that before, maybe you, but thanks again :)

But now, maybe I can that way unload DoorName with the Animated DoorName after the level load, so I can have more complex animated elements (LoadAnimMeshes) instead of them, and therefore, I can get them at the same position as their static version? That way i do not need to trial-and-error find the positions where my animated props will be, what say you ?

(Too bad I cannot load animated meshes into 3dws in the first place!)

Naughty Alien(Posted 2007) [#4]
you can load your animated door with
Animated_Door=loadanimmesh("Animated_Door.b3d")
Positionentity Animated_Door,entityx(Door_from previous post),entityy(Door_from previous post),entityz(Door_from previous post)

and then Hideentity(Door_from previous post), even I dont understand why would you animate door when you can simply load it as a static mesh and rotate on the way you like without animation..note also that pivot point of animated door and static door have to be at same position or previous positioning will not work..scale factor, if any, also have to be same..