The Latest Version?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/The Latest Version?

Yo! Wazzup?(Posted 2007) [#1]
What is the latest version of Blitz3D?

b32(Posted 2007) [#2]
1.98.. it is in the Account->product updates section

Yo! Wazzup?(Posted 2007) [#3]
Ok... thanks!
And thanks for telling me how to update! My old version was 1.64.

Earl Grey(Posted 2007) [#4]
hi,

will there be a new version in the future (v2.0)?

cu

GfK(Posted 2007) [#5]
No.

Blitz123(Posted 2007) [#6]
WHAT? No Blitz3d V2?So this is the end of the line for b3d?
or are we going to just get silly Version numbers like
I wouldn't mind if BMax had an official 3D engine, code compatible with Blitz, but it dosen't. I'd switch to that then.

GfK(Posted 2007) [#7]
It was said over a year ago that Blitz3D would no longer be updated.

Since that time there has been a couple of revisions, but just bug fixes and some DXTC stuff that Tom did. Blitz3D is nearly five years old. They can only take it so far.

Blitz123(Posted 2007) [#8]
I never saw that...

(Quiet crying in backround)

Are they going to release a 3d engine for BMax then?Or is Mark pulling out of 3D?

GfK(Posted 2007) [#9]
Are they going to release a 3d engine for BMax then?
I'd imagine so but I wouldn't expect it for a while yet.

IPete2(Posted 2007) [#10]
Blitz123, et al

Don't cry dude! B3D is a fabulous 3D game/simulation creation tool.

It is not what you have, but what you do with it - check out some of the awesome projects which we have done and visit the portfolio page, can you spot the B3d projects?

www.smartscreenuk.com

Have faith in your own capabilities.

IPete2.

Yo! Wazzup?(Posted 2007) [#11]
What?...
No more B3D???
I'm with Blitz123-
(Quiet crying in backround)

b32(Posted 2007) [#12]
Well, as I understood.. there won't be a blitz3d v2.00, so the software is still updated every now and then, with bugfixes, but there are no plans to upgrade it to another DirectX version. However, personally, I hope there will be an upgrade at some point, when DX7 support completely dissapears in Windows.

Ricky Smith(Posted 2007) [#13]
I can understand the desire for a DirectX9 or above version of Blitz3d but I'm sure , if this had been possible, it would have been done already given the enormous amount of uptake a product like that would have generated.
It would probably have required a total rewrite which is what BRL did - BlitzMax. ( Don't forget MiniB3D - the unofficial but nonetheless excellent, alternative, native BlitzMax 3D module )
Making the language independant of a set graphics api was a good choice. If there was a DirectX9 Blitz3d we would now be requesting DirectX10 support :)

Blitz123(Posted 2007) [#14]
Right, anyone for b3d on Linux? ;-)