Cannot see source

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Cannot see source

ss(Posted 2007) [#1]
Not sure what forum to put this in. It isn't really a bug.

Is there any way to change the editing colors? White on blue is extremely poor for visibility.

Danny(Posted 2007) [#2]
I suggest you switch to Protean IDE. It's a fantastic IDE/editor for Blitz with many more functions, features, etc.
You can also change the font and choose from dozens of color schemes... Or make your own..

JazzieB(Posted 2007) [#3]
Program Files\Blitz3D\cfg\blitzide.prefs

Just edit the above file in Notepad or something. There used to be a handly little utility to do this for you, which I'm sure someone will post a link to shortly.

ss(Posted 2007) [#4]
thanks. Protean looks nice. I messed with WinBlitz for a few moments and it screwed up my Blitz3d installation so I had to reinstall. I was just going to use the default Blitz3d editor but Protean seems to handle things nicely.

Mattizzle(Posted 2007) [#5]
WinBlitz is a program for creating graphical user interfaces (GUIs) for a blitz program. It is not an intergated developement editor (IDE). I recommend Protean, also.

Nenad(Posted 2007) [#6]
Just played around with Protean, and it is ok, but one thing confuses me : where is blitz3d help start page ??

I defined path to it correctly, but when i press F2 i got only IE error page! It would be nice to have help file directly in Protean, and F1 command quick help...

Thanks,
Nenad

GfK(Posted 2007) [#7]
You need to select Blitz3D from the dropdown list at the top. Its probably looking for documentation for Blitzbasic or Blitzplus or something.

Nenad(Posted 2007) [#8]
Ouch yes, that's it! Thank you!

... i was sure that i checked that before, but now when you told me i tred again and it is ok now!

Yo! Wazzup?(Posted 2007) [#9]
I'm sure someone will post a link to shortly.

http://www.blitzbasic.co.nz/toolbox/toolbox.php?tool=194