BP Lite - problem updating local position.

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/BP Lite - problem updating local position.

pimpom(Posted 2007) [#1]
Sorry, my bad. I didn't cleared messages, so pretty much all of them stayed in queue. Fixed now.

Hello, recently I started using BPlite, but I ran into a couple of problems.

I am creating some enemies at a keypress, stored in a type and sending initial position and velocity to the remote player, so that each player would keep the game update by themselves. Thing is that it seems as if remotely created enemies were not cleared from the screen and they leave a ghostly trail. Please see image link.

Click here!

The second thing, is that I also wanted to control gravity for each player localy, so instead of sending x + y positions each frame I could just send it on keypress + every 5 secs (to synchronize them). Now, before sending the 1st BP_UDPMessage, it goes all nice and dandy, however afterwards no gravity is applied to the remote player, so it gets stucked into a position until next global sync. After they get the global sync update they get stuck again. My theory is that as I am checking if new messages arrived, it somehow stores information and because of that they get stuck.

Anyone has had this sort of problems?

Blitz123(Posted 2007) [#2]
Please try and post questions in the correct forum. This is the blitz3d forum, I think you are talking about BlitzPlus.
Anyway, I think your problem is that on the remote computer you are not updating the dubble buffering correctley. You might have forgot to Flip it or Flip might be in the wrong place.

pimpom(Posted 2007) [#3]
Hi Blitz123, thank you for looking into this. My problem is already solved, I wasn't deleting the message type generated from Blitzplay lite.

Sorry for the cryptic topic title, I am in fact using Blitz3d, not blitz plus.