In Game Chat Window

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/In Game Chat Window

YellBellzDotCom(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hello!

Once again I must resort to the friendly forums for some help and advice. I am trying to create a chat window in my game that displays Area Chat, Friend Chat, System Messages and of course your own Chat. I am trying to make them different colors and utilize a scrolling enviroment. I am using sprite candy and have created an awesome chat window, but adding different color text is quite the battle. If someone could post some info or ideas on creating a standard Blitz3d one, without any includes, that would be great. I will post some info as I get more into this, I've already spent a few weeks on this, so any help would be greatly appreciated!!

I have checked out the Nemesis Chat from the archives, and it looks exactly like I want, but the download link is broken and it calls functions that arent present in the client code.

b32(Posted 2007) [#2]
Maybe you could use a type for the chat messages:

YellBellzDotCom(Posted 2007) [#3]
Thank you very much B32, I will use what you've given there and see if I can make what I need from it. I really appreciat the help there.

caff_(Posted 2007) [#4]
What about using several HUD panels within Sprite Candy to create a 'tabbed' chat box? Each tab (e.g. 'Area' 'Friends' 'System') you click show/hides the appropriate HUD panel?

YellBellzDotCom(Posted 2007) [#5]
Caffy, that would work great too and I thought of doing that. I may still put that in the works. Thanks for the input there!