Keeping materials intact

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Keeping materials intact

Kelso(Posted 2007) [#1]
What is the best way to export a model so that it retains all its material information. I'm working on some stuff using Diffuse Falloff materials, and every time I load the model into Blitz it comes up blank. I've tried using .3ds and .x.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2007) [#2]
Diffuse maps should work. Make sure the texture is in the same directory as the 3ds mesh.

Kelso(Posted 2007) [#3]
Maybe I am setting this up wrong to begin with. I'm simply making a material in 3dsmax that doesn't call any external files. Do I need to save that material out to a file?

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2007) [#4]
There are a few material properties that should be supported by all formats (3ds,x,b3d): color, shininess etc. Tho, I'm not a 3dsmax expert. Probably better ask in the content creation tools section.

Kelso(Posted 2007) [#5]
I'll give that a shot. But I am also having problems with loading .b3d files. Using LoadMesh causes an entity not found error whenever I call a .b3d file.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2007) [#6]
What tool used to export the B3D files? (Also make sure to use the latest Blitz3D version)

Kelso(Posted 2007) [#7]
I'm using a file from a tutorial. So I didn't export it. And yeah, running newest version.