How dose someone load an DLL

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/How dose someone load an DLL

Chaosspear(Posted 2007) [#1]
I want to make a bowling game using Devil's child's Physics engine but I can't figure how do load the DLL could someone help me
thanks

puki(Posted 2007) [#2]
Not too sure if you mean just to run it or to see what's inside it. However:

The DLL goes in your Userlibs directory. As does the .decls file.

Open the decls file in notepad to see what goodies are inside.

Kind of covers both.

EDIT:
I don't have 'Devil's child's Physics engine' here - but I assume the above is valid in this case.

mindstorms(Posted 2007) [#3]
Put the decls file in the blitz userlibs folder. You can put the dll either in the userlib folder or in the current directory of each game that you want to use it in. Putting it in the userlib folder means that you have to copy the dll into the same folder for any exe you create using its functions.

Chaosspear(Posted 2007) [#4]
Sorry I would like to know what code I would need to make the DLL work.

Ricky Smith(Posted 2007) [#5]
In the .decls file you will find all the functions that you can use in just the same way as normal Blitz commands. The commands will also be highlighted in the editor and you can access the first layer of help (status bar) with F1.
Look at the code samples that are included with the lib.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2007) [#6]
Yea, DC's libs come with some examples on how to use them. Try to play with them, edit them to see how things work.

The DLL must be put into your prorams folder, the .delcs in the userlibs folder. From what I remember DC has zipped both in a local folder named libraries, or even userlibs. Don't confuse this with the blitz3D userlibs folder (see your Blitz3D installation path!). So copy the decls to the (real) userlibs folder, and the DLL to your .bb programs folder.

Puki - while the DLL in the userlibs folder will work, you won't have such a folder on other PC's without a Blitz3D installation.

Chaosspear(Posted 2007) [#7]
Yes, this works!! thanks a lot guys.