importing animations

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/importing animations

killertomato(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hi, I created a character with some rotation and scaling animations, but I can't get it to work in the program. I'll load it with the loadanimmesh command, but if I load it as a .b3d file and use the animate command, I get an error message saying that it has no animation, and if I load it as a .x or .3ds I don't get that message, but it still doesn't play the animation. Does anyone know what is going on here? Any help would be appreciated.

Terry B.(Posted 2006) [#2]
I think md2 is the only format that supports rotation scaling animations...
Might be wrong though

syntax(Posted 2006) [#3]
Depending on the program you used, you might not have animated it using bones, which is pretty much all blitz can use for animations. I made that mistake trying to animate just objects in 3ds max.

killertomato(Posted 2006) [#4]
Hmm, thats weird. I'm suprised if blitz's own format doesn't import with other types of animation when the engine does support vertex animation. I didn't use bones, I actually haven't learned how to use them yet.

Mikele(Posted 2006) [#5]
>Terrybull
You can use b3d with skined animations or with TRS animations.

>killertomato
Try FindChild function.
b3d=LoadAnimMesh(file)
mesh=FindChild( b3d, "...name of mesh with animation in your modelling program...")
Animate mesh,1,1 

D4NM4N(Posted 2006) [#6]
I found fragmotion the best thing ever for making b3d anims and its only 20 green. It seems to convert well too.

The demo is functional for 30 days, i suggest loading your x mesh and re-saving as b3d to see if it works for you.