Backfaces?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Backfaces?

Lui(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hi i created some models in milkshape, but it doesenīt save in the file, that is has to be a model with a backface. I looked in the manual, but didnīt find a command to create backfaces, so how may i create backfaces?? cause i donīt want to copy and flip all the meshes

Sledge(Posted 2006) [#2]
http://www.blitzbasic.com/b3ddocs/command.php?name=entityfx&ref=goto

big10p(Posted 2006) [#3]
That's odd - I thought blitz automatically renders all tris with backfaces (double sided). You normally have to specifically turn them off using EntityFX mesh,16 so I dont know what's going on here...

Sledge(Posted 2006) [#4]

That's odd - I thought blitz automatically renders all tris with backfaces (double sided). You normally have to specifically turn them off using EntityFX mesh,16 so I dont know what's going on here...

You've got it back to front. EntityFX 16 disables backface culling. They are culled by default.

Lui(Posted 2006) [#5]
Ok thank you,
i just misunderstand the discription from EntityFX cause my english isnīt that good, sry.

big10p(Posted 2006) [#6]
You've got it back to front. EntityFX 16 disables backface culling. They are culled by default.
D'oh, sorry. Haven't used blitz in a while and my brain has been on the fritz all day, anyway. :/

t3K|Mac(Posted 2006) [#7]
you haven't used blitz in a while??? its my daily dosis!!