Blender HELP!

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Blender HELP!

Buggy(Posted 2006) [#1]
I have models I need done and animated (must be my own work) in less than a week, and all my budget can allow is Blender 3D. This is the first 3D modelling software I have ever used, but I am completely lost. I have created a person that's crappy but passable for my purposes. When I tried to texture it, everything went out the wazoo. Though every tutorial online has numerous advanced techniques for texturing, nowhere does it actually say what button I need to click to actually apply the texture!

So I gave that up and tried animation. I don't think that would be such a problem if my person was still wireframe, but after adding bones, my person became completely opaque. Since the bones are inside the person, I couldn't tell what was going on at all!

Is there someone that can help me? Is there an up-to-date tutorial? Am I just stupid? Was the Blair Witch Project really a hoax? Please help me with all of these problems (particularly everything to do with Blender) ;).

b32(Posted 2006) [#2]
Maybe this ? http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blender_3D:_Noob_to_Pro/Intermediate_Textures_and_Materials

D4NM4N(Posted 2006) [#3]
Keep going on blender, I absolutely HATED it at first after using everything from Max(altho. last time i used max was V5!) to truespace, hexagon and many lower end apps.

I ended up prefering the blender interface/modeller over all others ive used. My budget allows me to pay for software, i still use blender :)

What i reccomend is for animation and b3d though, is use blender to make your skins and animate them in fragmotion(its only 20 bucks from www.fragmosoft.com ) as i think blenders x export is for a later directx and doesnt work with b3d.