gravity

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/gravity

Gord(Posted 2006) [#1]
I am using a demo prog called advanced loading as the basis of my game. I got it from Leadwerks and my level map is done in 3d world studio. The listing works well but with one exeption. I want the player to fall down holes in the ground but the camera does not drop, thus defying gravity. I would be obliged if someone familier with this demo could show me how to alter the code so as to enable the falling motion to occur. Thanks.

b32(Posted 2006) [#2]
And you tried using TranslateEntity camera, 0, 1, 0 allready ? Else, you might have a too big EntityRadius on the camera maybe.

Sir Gak(Posted 2006) [#3]
I have been working on a dungeon walk-through game (your basic first person kill-everything-that-moves game). I had to play with the EntityRadius, because if it was too wide, I couldn't walk through open doors. So, b32 might be onto something there. Also, have you attached the camera to a pivot, so that the camera can be moved wherever the pivot goes?

Gord(Posted 2006) [#4]
translateebtity solved the problem.

Earl Grey(Posted 2006) [#5]
hi gord,
can you post or email me this demo code(advanced loading). i cant find it on leadwerks page.

EDIT: found it!!!!

thx
cu