inaccurate collison volume

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/inaccurate collison volume

timmport(Posted 2006) [#1]
UPDATE: I figured out the solution to this issue. I did not create a properly sized entity radius for my spheres.
-----------------------------------------------------

I have a polygon shaped like a tank tread and I am droping spheres onto the top area of the tread. I have set this up all up so that the spheres should collide with the tread shape. However when the spheres drop down they seem to collide with the collision volume of my object before they make contact with my tank tread shape as is it had an invisible force field. I thought I was setting up a collision to detect for polygons but that is not how it seems to be working:

Const CT_BALL = 1
Const CT_TREAD = 2

Collisions CT_BALL , CT_TREAD, 2 , 1

tread=LoadMesh("tread_model.b3d")
EntityType(tread , CT_TREAD)

Ball\Entity = LoadMesh("glob.3DS")
EntityType(Ball\Entity , CT_BALL)

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Neochrome(Posted 2006) [#2]
SOLUTiON: DONT FORGET UPDATEWORLD()!!!

im getting this also actually!
try making

CT_BALL% = 1 not CT_BALL.... NOTE THE "%"

Stevie G(Posted 2006) [#3]
What you on about Neochrome? Unless the const is declared with a '#' suffix it's treated as an integer by default.

He already posted the solution which related to entity radius, although forgetting the 'updateworld' is a common school boy error which I know I've done in the past ;)

Stevie

Neochrome(Posted 2006) [#4]
unless this bug was fixed, a number of people where experiencing floating numbers when they just variables, i was forced to use % if i wanted integers, other wise blitz sometimes made it floaty!

although i've never managed the common school boy error until now! but i have an excuse! im signed off 2 weeks from work from stress!

Sir Gak(Posted 2006) [#5]
@neochrome:

Never had that problem myself. But, explicitly designating variables is not a bad practice, by any means. In fact, in other languages like "C", it is mandatory.