Best (and free) ParticleSystem?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Best (and free) ParticleSystem?

AJirenius(Posted 2006) [#1]
Ok, I maybe should start writing in the programming section but I still feel like a totally newbie so here it goes:

I'm in a big need of a flexible particlesystem that I freely can tweak and add some features on (I will expand it into a full FX-editor).
So my question is which one I should use that's available and free. I would love some different voices here and best would of course be if you have tried more than one so you actually have something to compare it with...

I still don't to reveal all the ideas around this FX-editor but IF I could get my hands on an already created particlesystem which I could alter/update and tweak and then publish freely without having to pay anything (or going trough a lot of legal things) I will of course publish it freely for you all.

regards and thanks for help

Andreas Jirenius

t3K|Mac(Posted 2006) [#2]
you could use devil childs particle system. it seems good and is free. but i will keep on using particle candy, its worth every cent. and there a lots of editors for particlecandy out there.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2006) [#3]
..Lotus Particle system..its free, very fast and excellent..

@rtur(Posted 2006) [#4]
Lotus

Buggy(Posted 2006) [#5]
What about making your own? Being a total newbie, that's what I'm trying to do.

ingenium(Posted 2006) [#6]
Lotus is the way.
Noel Cower is a God.

:D

AJirenius(Posted 2006) [#7]
Thanks guys but heres the problem now:

I dont seem to be able to download Lotus anywhere... It seemed to vanish somehow. Anyone got a link or a DL for me?

Mikele(Posted 2006) [#8]
Look at code archives...
http://www.blitzbasic.com/codearcs/codearcs.php?code=1654

[edit]
I have an editor for Lotus (see the link in my sig). If i find some free time i post it (and show you how to load saved templates - XML format).