Black triangles

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Black triangles

grindalf(Posted 2006) [#1]
when i create a mesh normaly useing createmesh, addtrinagle,ect the mesh is normaly a grey color untill a texture or brush is used, but sometimes it apears as black and when i add a texture, brush or any other efect it stays black, does anyone know why this is

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#2]
ambient color 0,0,0 or something similar. (like forgot updatenormals after creation of the triangle data which is needed for light reaction)

grindalf(Posted 2006) [#3]
ambient color only controls the world lighting though doesent it and in due course would alter the color of all meshes but my problem efects only the one mesh,
i have a tree trunk (that i made in blitz)
and a leaf chunk(also made in blitz) but the trunk takes texturing propely and the chunk doesent if i add an alpha to the leaf texture it stays black but in the perfect shape of the leaf texture???, i also have this problem when i run the example from addtriangle i have to change the cameraclscolor in order to see the ramp. i thought maybe it was my laptop but i get the same problem with my main computer.

b32(Posted 2006) [#4]
Maybe it is lacking normals ? Try UpdateNormals() or else maybe EntityFX mesh, 1

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#5]
Or lack of UVs. What Laptop/ main computer/ GFX card do you have?