Need help with textures

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Need help with textures

Alaric(Posted 2006) [#1]
I've been trying my hand in 3D lately and I've only really come accross one major problem. I have a few models made, and I REALLY want them to look good so I made my own model viewer to show off to my friends what I can do. However, when I tried to apply the textures, I end up with something that looks terrible. Heres the code currently

Obviously you're not going to be able to run that without the textures and meshes so heres a sample of what I'm talking about.

Those textures are SUPPOSED to be straight horizontal...

Stevie G(Posted 2006) [#2]
The way a texture is displayed is dependant on the Uv coords set up for each vertex of the model. Looks like this is your issue.

Stevie

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#3]
I see there ARE some UVs. Only they don't seem to be right. Maybe you should try an other UV coords set, try:

TextureCoords(tex,1)

Alaric(Posted 2006) [#4]
I think that I have already tried texturecoords(tex,1) and there wasn't a great result... I'll give it another shot though. If that does not solve the problem, then does that mean that I am going to need to reset a setting for each and every vertex?

b32(Posted 2006) [#5]
If the UVs are correct in the editor, they might have been exported wrong somehow. Maybe the export settings are wrong or the model needs to be collapsed before exporting ?