WinBlitz3d and SCHNOK!

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/WinBlitz3d and SCHNOK!

Weetbix(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hey guys. Im trying to make a simple program with the SCHNUK! editor for WinBlitz3d, But when I export the code and try to run it I get various errors such as a window titled "API_InitializeGUI" with error written in it and another window titled "ERROR: Blitz Class name" with the text "CLASS NAME ERROR" in it. Then when I click okay to both these errors I still have a small blank window opened which I have to Alt+Ctrl+Del to close.
Anyone know what the problem is?

Danny(Posted 2006) [#2]
Hi weetbix,
Do you get this error with everything you try with WB3D (=maybe not correcly installed?) or just in one situation (=schnok problem?)...
When you export code in Schnok do you use the 'Test Program' preset or another one?

If you email me the schnok file [dendanny (at) xs4all (dot) nl] I'll have a look at it. But it sounds like an installation problem. Make sure the dll and wb3dstyles.bb are in the folder where your exported .bb file is.

Danny

Kev(Posted 2006) [#3]
@Weetbix, does the included examples compile and run? what version of blitz3d are you using?

kev

Weetbix(Posted 2006) [#4]
Embarrasing but, I fixed it. I was simply double clicking on the .bb files which opens my OLD blitz3d the unupdated one. Thanks for your help guys.

Weetbix(Posted 2006) [#5]
Although I'v fixed this I'v run into another problem. What do I use to display text? I have a track bar and I want the value of the slider to display next to it. You cant change the text of a label so that rules them out along with edit fields. And when i try to use a text field and set the text of if using :

WB3D_SetTextAreaText(FL_Wheelsize,WB3D_GetTrackBarPos(FL_Wheelsize_t))

It doesnt do anything.

Kev(Posted 2006) [#6]
Hi Weetbix

Try WB3D_SetGadgetText()

kev

Weetbix(Posted 2006) [#7]
Yup that worked thanks alot for the help kev!