Hearty thanks

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Hearty thanks

Buggy(Posted 2006) [#1]
Four score and several months ago, I attempted to create a sphere physics engine. Discouraged at failure after failure, I sought the advice of the sacred Blitz community. However, I was frequently confused with their complex advice, and - upon rereading the posts - I think people were starting to get exasperated with me. The result of this is some brilliant but possibly angry and certianly brief advice from everyone, particularly (tu) Cygnus, and I recently reread this advice, started from scratch, and got it almost perfect now! Thanks everyone!

Moral of the story: If you don't "get it," take some time off and start over.

puki(Posted 2006) [#2]
What in the jolly-badger's pack lunchbox is 'four score and several months ago'?

mindstorms(Posted 2006) [#3]
a spin off of four score and seven years ago, stated by Abraham Lincoln in his Gettysburg address.

H&K(Posted 2006) [#4]
Official Nintendo Four Score Multitap

The official Sega Nintendo Multitap. The four-player multi-tap is an absolute must for anyone with a group of friends who also love retro gaming. You can connect an extra two controllers to your joystick port, allowing four players to play certain games simultaneously. This item comes unboxed.

xlsior(Posted 2006) [#5]
What in the jolly-badger's pack lunchbox is 'four score and several months ago'?

a score = 20.
four score = 80

Four score and several months ago would be 80+ months ago.

But like mindstorms said, he's paraphrasing Abraham Lincoln.

puki(Posted 2006) [#6]
Who's "Abraham Lincoln"? I mean really, who is this fetcher? He's been mentioned twice now. I suggest he steps forward or I will seek him out and bloody his sniffer. He certainly sounds a brash braggard and most certainly a bounder and a scoundrel.

Graythe(Posted 2006) [#7]
'Fourscore and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.'

H&K(Posted 2006) [#8]
'Fourscore and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that we wouldnt pay the native American protection Tax, or drink tea'