Animation in 3ds?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Animation in 3ds?

AJirenius(Posted 2006) [#1]
As I understand, it is possible to save animationinformation in 3ds format but as I export a *.3ds from 3DSMAX it doesnt seem to follow with the mesh :(

Even if I reopen the *.3ds again in 3DSMAX it doesnt animate anymore :(

What am i doing wrong?

EDIT:
I found when trying to export to *.B3D the same thing happens. Even in the preview when trying to export the file the mesh doesnt move but when I press playbutton in 3DSMax it animates clearly.
Anything common that you know of?????

Naughty Alien(Posted 2006) [#2]
you have to blend your animation setttings whatever you use in to keyframes before export..

AJirenius(Posted 2006) [#3]
Its a simple animation only based on keyframes.

Now I finally made it so far I can see the correct animation being played in the preiewscreen for B3D. STILL it doesnt play in my program. Strange---

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#4]
Naughty,

here we go again...

HOW DO YOU DO THAT?

:-)

AJirenius(Posted 2006) [#5]
Well, I thought playing an animation in Blitz3D would be the simpliest thing.
Here is the mesh I exported from 3DStudioMax. Can someone please just check if you can make it play or not so I at least can check wether it's my fantastic programming skills or the export that is the problem.

http://archon2160.pbwiki.com/f/AnimWall.b3d

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#6]
Hi Ajirenius,

I'm in the same boat as you. Firstly what 'type' of animation was done on this? Was in using parametric deformations?

AJirenius(Posted 2006) [#7]
I finally got it working.
My animation was only vertexes being moved around using keyframes.
That was appearantly harder for 3ds to export (they call it Morphing) and I had write "B3dMorph" in the userdefinition, enable most B3D extensions and cut down on the other exportinfo to make it somewhat reasonable small.

At least it is animating now which Im glad for. Demo is coming up very soon.

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#8]
I have B3dMorph enabled but STILL parametric deformations are not animated! ARGGH!

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#9]
use X for that stuff, allows more animation things than 3DS (nearly anything beside vertex weight based bone animation)

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#10]
Cannot export or save as .X from MAX!

b32(Posted 2006) [#11]
I believe there is a plugin called "panda directx exporter" for max.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2006) [#12]
I emailed you 2 times already Boiled..did you receive my emails man?

AJirenius(Posted 2006) [#13]
Ok, now while we already trashed this thread :P

Can ANYONE tell me how I can put up pictures in these threads or any of the other forumsections?
I want to showoff now with my new (and working) gamedemo

Matty(Posted 2006) [#14]
Hi AJirenius - the forum codes are to be found in the FAQ section under 'Home'. To put an image use [] around the word 'img' and then the link to the image followed by [] with /img in it.

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2006) [#15]
Naughty,

lets not trash this thread anymore, let's discuss in my thread here...

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=63575

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#16]
You may just write the URL of images, they will be displayed automaticly.

Not sure if X is supported by Blitz3D, other than the same way as 3ds: rotation/scale/move of scene children meshes.

You may export X and then convert it to B3D using UlitmateUnwrap3D AFAIK.