file menu for opening and saving files

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/file menu for opening and saving files

Briskey(Posted 2006) [#1]
I have a command setup that I press L in my program and it will popup a menu and I can surf through my harddrive and find the file I am looking to open. And even set it for the ext im looking for.

Also with save it opens into the good old windows file menu and lets me save having the ext set to what I want it to save as.

Ok but the wierd thing is ...this doesn't work when I copy my program onto other computers .....the program runs good and all but it doesn't pop up the window to load files or to save as file when a key is pressed but on my computer it does ...and I have everything the same on the other computers I have tried it on.

Anyways does anyone know of a command or something that will pop up a window to open a file a specify

and when I save to pop up the window and I type the file name I want to save it as

It's just the windows files save thing that most all programs have when you search through the harddrive ...

Also does anyone know of any good gui program I could buy or whatever that will work with blitz3d

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#2]
there are several guis for blitz3d, some even use the windowns GUI elements, as Winblitz3d (or similar), see toolbox.

FOr the filelesector you should use the code from the code archives, maybe in "userlibs" or in "file io" sections of the code archives.
A reason why a program works on your machine and not on others could be, it is using a DLL that is located in your "userlibs" folder. While this works on your machine, the folder will be missing on other pcs. solution, provide the DLL in your EXEs folder, instead of the userlibs folder.