AI...

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/AI...

Myrmydon(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hi again I am having trouble with AI what i need is an ai that can identify various objects and react accordingly trouble is is that how should it handle the computer when the computer is seeing the player and having it know what to do in it's immediate area, anything?

CodeOrc(Posted 2006) [#2]
erm...not sure I understand, but here it goes (dont yell at me)

You want the game character(AI) to understand if an object is a weapon, or a collectable item then react accordingly?

Well, this may not be the fastest solution, but you could assign attributes to each diff type of Collectable/Interactable object, then once the player picks/runs-into it, the values for a preset list of variables would inheret the new values of the object in play.

As for your phrase "how should it handle the computer when the computer is seeing the player"...I'm afraid I don't follow.

Buggy(Posted 2006) [#3]
Try using sentences, firstly. ;-)

You might want to look into the linepick commands (I'm still only vaguely sure what they are) and there's also an EntityView or SeeEntity or something like that for if one entity sees another, but I'm not sure how customizeable that command is.

Myrmydon(Posted 2006) [#4]
he he sorry sometimes I don't make sense to my self but what I am trying to do is have enemies at least know what to do with different objects such as a tank. About the player situation well I kinda figured it out after reading the post.