animated model

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/animated model

Mike0101(Posted 2006) [#1]
I'm in confusion. I have an aminated model with a gun in his hand.
In TPS mode how can turn up-down the upper body (I have the chest bone) according with the camera look up/look down.
I was try more solution but not works fine.
One thing is sure: This function must call after UpdateWorld

markcw(Posted 2006) [#2]
i remember that from Quake3, i've no idea how they did it but it looked like the upper body/torso was separate from the legs and rotated with code rather than animated.

jhocking(Posted 2006) [#3]
With skeletal animation you don't need to separate the parts. Use FindChild to assign a handle to the spine (or the chest, which you've already done I see,) and then use the normal RotateEntity commands. Just note that it will be reset every frame by the animation so you will need to rotate it the entire amount every time, plus yeah you must do this after UpdateWorld since UpdateWorld is where the animation affects the bones orientation.

Mike0101(Posted 2006) [#4]
Jhocking: Right you are. I have 2 problems with this. I have the selected bone. I call may function after Updateworld but I can't find the right angle of rotation (according with the camera) and when makes rotation makes weird movements (probably because of reset after every frame)

Mike0101(Posted 2006) [#5]
Ok, I have solution. Rotateentity in every frame. I'm using Mark's framerate limiter and I was put out of loop.
This was the problem.