Pick Apart An Animation

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Pick Apart An Animation

Nathaniel(Posted 2006) [#1]
I have a long animation of character doing different things (I didn't create it). E.G. walk, run, jump, idle, etc. How do I pick apart the animation so each action can be instantly played in Blitz3D? E.G. jump when I hit the space bar.

H&K(Posted 2006) [#2]
Somewhere there will be a published list of the "Key Frames" for each action, say for example Frame 40 - 46 Die 1.

Looksee, if there is a "Text" doc with these, if not google the extention type and "animation" and you sould find one.

jhocking(Posted 2006) [#3]
ExtractAnimSeq

Nathaniel(Posted 2006) [#4]
Thanks Joe Hocking. But when I type ExtractAnimSeq in Blitz3D, it doesn't change into the other recognized, light blue font.

jhocking(Posted 2006) [#5]
Have you updated to the latest version of Blitz? Note that the version you get when you purchase is not the latest version; after installing that, you then need to download the latest update.

Nathaniel(Posted 2006) [#6]
Thank you Mr. Hocking!

Nathaniel(Posted 2006) [#7]
Now the problem is HOW do I use it?

Thanks for your effort

jhocking(Posted 2006) [#8]
http://www.blitzbasic.com/b3ddocs/command.php?name=ExtractAnimSeq&ref=3d_cat

Nathaniel(Posted 2006) [#9]
Thank you so much!! This thread has saved me a lot of trouble. Thanks again.

jhocking(Posted 2006) [#10]
If you hadn't updated Blitz until I mentioned that, I'm guessing you haven't updated the docs either. Make sure to update the documentation, so that commands like this will be in your command reference and you can look them up.

Nathaniel(Posted 2006) [#11]
Yes, I hadn't updated the docs until now. Thanks again. I will call you: Master J. Hocking :)

Mustang(Posted 2006) [#12]
"Update, or do not update. There is no try."

-Master J.Hocking

jhocking(Posted 2006) [#13]
Sounds more like a rapper to me.

THEY ALL CALL ME MASTER J
AND I AM COMIN HERE TO SAY
WIKKA WIKKA WIKKA